[3830] CaQP K6GEP SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6GEP SOFixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:41:58 -0800
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: ORAN
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:   14
   80:   79     51
   40:   87     41
   20:  142     70
   15:   29     21
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Orange County ARC

Comments:

This was the second contest that I got to try out my new OCF 80m Windom, and
I continued to have impressive results on 20m.  This time, I figured out a
way to have my 80m sloping dipole and the windom up at the same time.

One pleasant surprise was that my 80m Windom loaded up fairly well on 160m for
14 QSOs.  My 80 meter dipole doesn't work well on 160.

Seems like my totals on 40m were way down this year in CQP and other recent
contests. I hope that is due to propagation, rather than an antenna issue.

I managed to have 6 DX stations answer my CQ this year.  I learned after the
contest that a Czech (OK) spotted me after our QSO.

56 mults is my personal best by far.  I missed ND and NT.

I tried to keep at least a 2:1 ratio between CW to Phone QSOs.  I almost
made it.

I believe that I have now worked my final counties for a Worked All California
Counties certificate.

Congrats to AA6PW and N6HC for their impressive results from Orange County.

Rig:
FT-990 100W

Ants:
80 meter dipole sloping from 40 feet
80 meter OCF Windom sloping from 40 feet
40 meter inv vee at 45 feet
Wilson SY-2 Triband Yagi at 18 feet

N3FJP Cal QSO Party Logger