[3830] SS CW K6VVA Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6VVA Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:23:37 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
  160:
   80:   63
   40:   23
   20:   90
   15:   24
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I now FULLY understand the meaning of: Life is too short for QRP ;-(

SS was a bust for me this year for a number of reasons.  A goal for the past
year was to hopefully kick some serious SS butt this SS from my remote station
with bigger antennas and an amp but that didn't happen.

I spent much of Saturday afternoon on ice packs to mitigate a chronic
Chiropractice neck problem that became too painful (partly caused by too much
time with computer related work the past few days).  After hobbling out to a
Church dinner event, I came back Saturday night and decided to add to pain by
operating QRP in SS from the home station at the bottom of the sunspot cycle.
How's that for Maschocism?

The propagation angles must have been pretty high on 20m, as a historic problem
from the home QTH was even hearing the MAR section.  I was blown away by the
loud signals from VE1OP, VE9DX and VA1MM