[3830] SS CW N8XX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] SS CW N8XX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:33:28 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
  160:    0
   80:   62
   40:  118
   20:    0
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Tried QRP - worked FB, except I couldn't get my tuner and antenna to match on
any bands except 80 and 40 metres.  Quite suprized that I could work the west
coast with 5 watts to a wet noodle (40 metre dipole, fed with 450 ohm line) for
an antenna.  I tried several different lengths of feeders, with zilch results on
20 metres... NutZ!

But after I found that 40 opened to the west coast after dark here, managed to
snag 61 sections.  Should place me in the top 10 in Michigan, unless theres
more than 10 entries in the QRP category.  (has been 8 to 10 in past three or
four years.)