[3830] SS CW K5WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 07:10:00 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   83
   40:  705
   20:  466
   15:   54
   10:    0
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was a personal best for me even though this was my worst start.  Rate hung
in about 80/hr for the first 12 hours and then dropped like a rock for the rest
of the contest.  I had just hung a 3 element 40M quad at 110' fixed NE and it
was my go to antenna on 40.  20 was OK but very strange conditions.  Both
coasts were hearing each other well but I wasn't hearing them as well as they
were hearing each other.  Best contact was having VO1MP call in (20+ over) on
15 after I had given up on a sweep!  That was Sunday afternoon and was a nice
pick up during the doldrums.

It was nice hearing some new calls and recent CKs.  I'm sure I'll lose my
standard 2% reduction in score (can't seem to improve), but had a ball again.