[3830] SS CW N7IR Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ir@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N7IR Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:00:39 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   28
   40:  323
   20:  207
   15:  114
   10:
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Propagation must be improving since this score is my best one since 2003.  In
fact I found that I was able to run more easily this year than any year since
'03.  On Sunday 15 meters was productive for longer than in any of the more
recent years' contests.

In the funny stories category I experienced one of those instant internet
pileups first hand on Sunday afternoon while running on the low end of 40.  My
poor pileup skills were stressed to the breaking point by a sudden huge influx
of loud callers, including the loudest one who I knew was a dupe.  When I sent
him QSO B4 de N7IR the pileup decreased instantly to one I could handle: two
callers.  Due to sleep deprivation I didn't figure out what had happened until
a subsequent caller sent my call as K7IR.  Apparently K7IR was a more desirable
call than N7IR ;>)

Thanks for the Q's.  Go Outlaws!

73
Gary, N7IR