[3830] SS CW K1HTV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richk1htv@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1HTV Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:36:58 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1HTV
Operator(s): K1HTV
Station: K1HTV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:  421
   40:  295
   20:  136
   15:   13
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Gotta plan things better!

Didn't get much sleep the night before the contest. Got up at 5:30 Saturday
morning and made an hour plus ride to the W4RX QTH to help with prep work
for the K8GP multi-tower tower & guy anchor installations. After arriving home,

decided that I needed to put up the 2 sky warming low dipoles for 40M & 80M.
Completed these 2 antennas with 10 minutes to spare before the start of
contest. Managed to keep the BIC until 3:00 AM then got 3 hours of sleep.
Slugged it out on 80, 40 & 20 until having to leave for church at 17Z.

After getting back on the air at 19Z, rest of the afternoon was spent
grinding out Q's while watching the Redskins loose (again).

In checking the logs I found my low power run and S&P hourly QSO rates
(41-50/hour) to be about the same throughout the contest on 40M & 80M.
S&P was the best way to make Q's with the wire antennas on 20 Meters.
With no towers up yet at the new QTH, I really miss not having the use
of the 5 element Hygain 20M and 15M monobander yagis.

However, even with the low power, wires and no Cluster, I managed to snag
79 sections. Only missing NL. I found out after the contest that VO1MP showed
up on 40M to provide that rare one and a sweep to many of those who managed
to work him. I was pleasantly surprised to catch a very weak VE8EV calling CQ
on 20 Meters late Sunday afternooon. With no one else answering him, I was
able to snag him for section #79.

Besides NT, other rare sections (with only 1 station worked) included
AB,AK,ID & MB.

I should get more rest before the Phone Ss weekend. As much as I don't enjoy
the CW SS, I enjoy the SS Phone contest even less :-), but I'll be plugging
away with my 100W and wires for 'ole PVRC.

See you all again in a few weeks on phone.

73 de Rich - K1HTV
www.k1htv.us