[3830] SS CW WZ8P(K0DXC) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0dxc@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WZ8P(K0DXC) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:27:01 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WZ8P
Operator(s): K0DXC
Station: WZ8P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Zanesville, OH
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:    0
   80:  214
   40:  355
   20:  149
   15:   14
   10:    0
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

RIG: FT-1000 MkV (SO1R)
Antennas (not a complete description): 15M: Beam
                                       20M: 2X6 Stack fixed west
                                       40M: Dipole @ 35', Dipole N/S @ 75', 3
el monoband Yagi @ 120'
                                       80M: 2 el beam fixed west @ ~ 120',
Dipole @ ~ 75'

Software: Win-Test

Thanks to Everett, WZ8P for letting operate from his great station! The setup
is amazing!

I got on 2 hours late after the start and I never seemed to be able to catch up
to all the other LP OH stations...

The station is set up for SSB multi op so it was interesting to put in a CW
effort!

For some reason I couldn't run. Best hour was a 62 - WOW! Every few hours I
would stop and ask a calling station how my signal was doing and always got a
nice "5NN PLUS 30" or even "5NN PLUS 40" but only had a few pileups the entire
weekend!

I got on at about 6PM local and went to bed at 3:30 AM with about 500 Qs in the
log. Then I woke up and had breakfast at 7:00 and was on the radio by about
7:45. Rate was also bad on Sunday. I had to quit at 4PM (contest ends at 10PM
local, so that was 6 hours early) when my mom came to pick me up. Zanesville is
about a two hour drive away from Jackson (my home QTH) and ever since my mom hit
a deer last year she doesn't like driving in the dark!

I got on my station at home with my own call for the last two hours of sweeps.

CU next year!

73,
Cal, K0DXC