[3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 05:47:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NTx
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  153
   40:  874
   20:  415
   15:   13
   10:
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Problems from the beginning:

Intermittent S9+ line noise which would come on for a few seconds then
disappear only to come back after a couple of minutes. This noise disappeared
Sunday morning never to come back.

Intermittent band decoders which would switch bands without notice killing
receive and then return to normal after 1 or 2 seconds. If transmitting, the
ACOM would shut down requiring a timer reset.

40 meter stack intermittent to Northeast. I finally decided to take an off-time
so that Jay and I could fix it....bad stack match / control box. My rate on 40
meters obviously was way below par allowing everyone to race ahead of me. After
it was fixed, rates returned to normal and was able to catch up some but way too
late to be competitive.

My historic excellent log accuracy will suffer this time around due to all the
problems. I apologize for all the fill requests and poor operating by yours
truly when trying to find a clear frequency.

Thanks go out once again to Jay and Sharon for treating myself and Melanie to a
super weekend filled with great hospitality, kindness, and fantastic "Food by
Jay". It's always a joy for both of us to go to Dallas each year for the
traditional music and radio weekend.

Bill  K5GA