[3830] WAE RTTY LZ8E(LZ2BE) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY LZ8E(LZ2BE) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:57:16 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: LZ8E
Operator(s): LZ2BE
Station: LZ2BE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:  383   423    40    61
   40:  609   939   330    90
   20:  543  1108   565   101
   15:  254   520   266    78
   10:   62    62     0    13
-------------------------------
Total: 1851  3052  1201   898  Total Score = 2,740,696

Club:

Comments:

High wind on Thursday night broke one of the rotators, turning 40m yagi and
KT36XA. Tried to fix it on Friday without success. Fortunately there were no
damages on second tribander and phased verticals for 40m and 80m.
Knowing there will be poor condx on 15/10m and 10-15dB difference between 40m
beam and verticals I was ready to give up.
Looking from the ground to the top of the tower how beams are moving slowly
left-right I found a solution! I attached two ropes to boom ends of KT36XA and
I was able to fix the antennas to desired direction:)

It was very good activity during the contest! 10m was even worse than expected,
20m closed to USA too early. 40m and 80m were excellent.
Thanks to all friends who worked with me and exchanged QTC's!

73 and CUAGN next weekend in LZ DX Contest!
Boyan