[3830] SS SSB K6VVA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, locustqrv@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6VVA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:42:01 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): 16
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   91
   40:   55
   20:  147
   15:  204
   10:    3
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My only 3 Q's on 10m were all Alaska stations at the start of SS - go figure
that one!

Operated remotely longer than planned, and learned another lesson:  Life is
also too short for low power in the SSB SS from California.  Never again ;-(

Missed only NT - heard a real weak out-of-sync VY on Sunday morning but nothing
after that.  Was surprised to work so many of the TNC (Thursday Night
Contesting) CW gang on SSB this weekend.  Accordingly:

CW is like music
SSB just like noise
That's I why prefer
Thursday Night Contesting with the CW boys
- LocustShave

I had planned to make only 300 Q's, but decided to slog things out on & off to
500. After many hours I found out why I was getting beat up so much - somehow
the processor button on the rig got turned off.  Who did that?

The highlight of the SSB SS was getting called longtime ham friend Bob/W6RJ,
for QSO #500 and ending up in a nice rag chew with both of us operating
remotely.  Tnx, Bob !!!

73, Tnx for the Q's, Mults & Happy Thanksgiving...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust