[3830] SS SSB KB9OWD(@W9BCV) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KB9OWD(@W9BCV) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:14:56 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: W9BCV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  222
   40:  250
   20:  154
   15:  292
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

I am pretty sure this is my top score in this one so far.  Great conditions on
15 throughout.  Huge signals to 40 over or more most of the day to somewhere or
another on Sunday.  Opened with 91 the first hour on 15 and about 130 in the
first hour and a half there!

I should have stayed up one more hour Saturday night.  I pulled the plug for 4
1/4 hours off at 2 A.M. local time.  Prior to that, I had a rate of between 70
- 90 an hour for the previous 2 hours on 80 and had a good frequency there.
The trade off of one more hour there vs one of the slower hours Sunday
afternoon would have added some QSO'S.  Got back on at 6:10 A.M. Sunday morning
and went straight through to 0115Z when I took the last hour and 45 minutes off
to meet the required off time.

I had a hard time finding a place to stay parked on 20 and 40 however had good
luck on 15 and 80 with holding a frequency and decent rates.  Had one issue
with RF getting into the signal and it wasn't perfect at the end yet but I
think I have it mostly resolved.  Only had one major frequency issue on
Saturday evening on 75.  Working in law enforcement, I was confident that I had
been called every name in the book at one time or another.  I take that back
after hearing one guy come up with some creative lingo for me!

Didn't finish the sweep until about 2100Z Sunday with NT.  Last 5 or so that I
needed to finish up after off time Saturday night were NT, PR, NLI, VI, DE and
ME.  Had several ME call me along with NLI.  Found at least 2 of each with the
exception of NT.  I believe I had multiples of each section with the exception
of DE and NT.

Alot of well represented sections.  Top 6 were:

SCV & VA  -  41
IL  -  36
SV  -  35
MN  -  30
OH  -  28
MDC & MO  -  27

Thanks for all the QSO's.  Great to run into so many friends!  Thanks to Duane
and Penny for letting me play radio again this weekend!  See alot of you in
ARRL 10 in a few weeks.  Off to W0AIH for CQWW CW next weekend!

73,

Ryan KB9OWD