[3830] SS SSB NN3W(@N4RV) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn3w@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NN3W(@N4RV) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:43:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  432
   40:  947
   20:  580
   15:   12
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A big thank you to Jack N4RV for inviting me to his house to operate this one.
We did a fair amount of prep work to get all the antennas ready and the shack
ready.  It really played.

This was a surprising Sweeps!  A personal best for me (first time over 300k);
definately a section record and possibly a division record on submission (won't
likely survive under log checking).  It started off awfully with my rate well
below my 2008, and I struggled for 3 hours to get back to normal running.

I made some oddball band change decisions, and they often paid off - especially
going to 20 Sunday at 2230z.  105 hour on Sunday afternoon?  Wow...

Finished the sweep early Sunday when I happened across VE8EV.  I heard him,
then he disappeared.  He came back about 5 minutes later without the pileup.

40 is an amazing band - now with it being partially B/C free.  Bottomless pit
of callers.

Lots of bozos this time.  The entitlements are getting out of hand.  I got
jammed for being in the DX window which now apparently extends to 3.802 (thanks
to NF4A for his comment on this), and I got jammed for being two close to the
SSTVers which now apparently goes as high as 14.235.  I also got jammed because
I dared to move within 2.0 KHz of another station.  I'm sorry, but if you can't
handle QRM from a station 2.0 KHz away, consider not contesting competitively.