[3830] SS SSB KN3A Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KN3A Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:57:54 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KN3A
Operator(s): KN3A
Station: KN3A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    0
   80:  167
   40:   30
   20:  167
   15:   88
   10:    0
------------

Club: Allegheny Valley Radio Association

Comments:

What a great November SS this year. I was invited to do the SS at the hamshack
of N3BNA this year, and I was like a little kid. I had access to multiple beam
antennas, wires, beverages, a very nice Icom Pro II, and high power. I have
never used high power in a contest before, so I was sure spoiled being able to
turn beams, run power and work through the pile ups, and run frequencies. It
was so awesome to have VE8EV call ME instead of me trying to work through a
pileup. I ran out of time before I could work NL so I didn't get the clean
sweep.

If people are using some sort of program to verify sections and power levels,
mine has changed as I am now EPA instead of WPA and I used "B" instead of "A"
this year. I'm afraid there's going to be a good number of busted QSO's because
of people depending on those programs - at least don't depend on them as being
100% accurate - just like you'd never depend on a spotter's getting a callsign
correct in a DX Cluster.

Thanks again Dale N3BNA - loved the hamshack and your hospitality.