[3830] SS SSB N1CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:10:37 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:
   80:  157
   40:   90
   20:   78
   15:  116
   10:
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Got a late start Saturday so may have missed the opportunity to get the sweep.
Spent my last 3 hours looking for MS to no avail.

The 43' Vertical again proved to be a worthy antenna.  I was able to run for
hours on 75M with a 60 QPH rate late Saturday, and Sunday the same kind of rate
on 15M.  I really was not able to run on 20 or 40 due to the crowding of the
bands. Given the low power and mode the rate was a surprise.

Power line noise is now an issue, I can hear signals when noise abates,
however, most of the weekend the noise level made the antenna combination turn
into an alligator, many A and Q stations were calling and I could not hear
them.  Reports of very strong signals from close in and even KH6/KL7 stations
when I was not hearing them well - due to the noise.  On 15M I needed to switch
in the inverted vee for receive with its lower noise but I could not make the
contact using the inverted vee as the transmit antenna.

Last year operated in "U" class and made the sweep ... probably would have
found MS using the packet network.