[3830] SS SSB W7VO Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W7VO Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:27:49 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W7VO
Operator(s): W7VO, W7VOX, W7OR
Station: W7VO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:    0
   80:  195
   40:  178
   20:  172
   15:  266
   10:    0
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

We had our first run at ARRL SS SSB (Multi-Single) from the new QTH here in OR,
and had a blast. We had some problems, such as a power output control on the
FT-2000 that was accidentally turned almost OFF for the first half hour of the
contest. (no wonder nobody could hear us...). It took another 15 minutes to
find the problem....

We opened up the W7VO doors to the local ham club to let them experience
"Contesting beyond Field Day", and had a few takers. My wife Shelley (W7VOX)
had fun making a dozen or so contacts, her first ever on HF after being a ham
for some 30 years..... Everybody else that came spent a lot of time tuning and
listening around, and a few contacts were logged by them. Kudos (for the most
part) to the hams on the other end who patiently worked through the exchanges
with the new guys.......

A big storm that hit us on Saturday night did something to a power line, or
caused a branch to touch somewhere close, as line noise increased greatly to
the East from then on. Our best runs were on 15M, which closed like a light
switch at about 2300Z. 20M was unusable after sunset. Being a "little gun", it
was hard to find a run frequency anywhere but 15M.

The good news is that were able to complete the  "clean sweep" at about 2200Z
on Sunday, my first ever. The elusive station from DE was the final one
worked.

Now, where did I stash that key?