[3830] CQWW SSB OL1X M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OL1X M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:53:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OL1X
Operator(s): OK1EP,OK1FDR,OK4PA
Station: OL1X

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  354     7       51
   80: 1130    16       79
   40:  854    27      101
   20: 1581    39      140
   15: 1265    35      135
   10:  482    21       83
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

RIG: position A - FT1000 mV Field + TL922
     position B - FT1000 mV Field + TL922

ANT: inv Vee for 160m, loop for 80m, loop for 40m, 5 el OWA for 20m, 6 el OWA
for 15m, ECO tribander with 40m ext. kit., ECO DHF6 mult.bander

Our best score ever, beating our previous score by more than 50%, also about
1400 QSOs more than last year. Also for the very first time we didn't struggle
to keep rate over 100 Q/h, in the past such an hour used to be rather exception
in our log :-)
Of course the opening on 15m and 10m helped us a lot, but it looks we have also
improved on the lower bands as well - we were well ahead of last years' score
from the very beginning of the contest. Very pleased and surprised with more
than 120 NA's on 80m (most of them coming to our CQ), also new version of wire
antenna (loop) for 40m seems to be a notable step forward, giving us some
chance on the crowded band.
Unfortunately we were not able to have monobanders for 10m ready on time - of
course priority was to repair at least our 20m and 15m antennas and put them
back on tower.
This time we also started to build the station on Thursday, so we finished it
on Friday evening without a stress and even had a chance to sleep for a few
hours before the contest began.

So after all, this time it was much more fun (at least for myself) and less
tiring than it used to be in previous SSB contests, so there is a will to try
it next time again :-)

Thanks to anyone who made a call and see you next time.
And thanks to Radek OK1MAL and Jirka OK1XQ for their support and help.
73!
Radim, OK1FDR (on behalf of OL1X)