[3830] CQWW CW KO7AA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb0o@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KO7AA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:06:38 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

  160:   11     7        7
   80:   83    20       46
   40:  453    33       88
   20:  557    36      103
   15:  266    30       75
   10:   10     6        8
------------------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I knew I wouldn't hold up for 40+ hours this time, I didn't get my usual
Friday nap and I started out tired. Lots of family here for the holidays,
the last ones left for the airport an hour before the contest started.
I made it through Friday night OK, but crashed just after EU sunrise on
Saturday night. When I got up on Sunday just before my sunrise, there was
rain, thunder and lightning outside, so I went back to bed. Missing all
those Asian stations on Saturday night cost me my 2M point goal......

80 and 160 were in tough shape, not much of anything heard here the first
night. A few EU popped up on 15, as far east as S5/9A.

I used to think Sweepstakes Sunday was the worst, but left coast DX contest
Sunday is pretty bad. After the bands close to EU at 1100 local time, and
all of Asia is in bed on their Sunday night/Monday morning, the pickings
get really slim.....

I'm ready for some sunspots next year!

73, Bill KO7AA in Tucson, AZ