[3830] CQWW CW K1LI SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1li@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1LI SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:56:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1LI
Operator(s): K1LI
Station: K1LI

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:   35    10       19
   80:  171    16       66
   40:  303    28      101
   20:  736    34      118
   15:  333    25       92
   10:   16     6        8
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The rebuilt tribander on 20 and 15 (vs. former 6-element LPDA) made up for
lackluster conditions on 160 and 80 this year. Worked exactly the same number
of zones and four more countries than last year. As they would say in football,
I'm still not committed to the run; didn't get anything going until Sunday on 20
and 15, but the runs were pretty strong until the bands seemed worked out and
started to close. Got to 40 before it went long, which was a relief. Almost
nothing on 10, but still better than last year.

Happy (but not satisfied) to have increased Q's by 50% and score by nearly 1M
points over last year. Need to get to work on some effective low-band antennas.
Logging program problems gave me a good scare several times, but weren't
catastrophic. Blow-downs from 50+ mph winds cause power to flicker (and amp to
turn off) many times on both days.

Rig: K3 (awesome!) + Alpha 91B (keeps on ticking)
Antennas: KT334XA @ 90ft, 40m half-square, fanBVD for 160/80.