[3830] CQWW CW NP2KW Single Op Xtreme LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NP2KW Single Op Xtreme LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 19:29:41 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NP2KW
Operator(s): NP2KW
Station: NP2KW

Class: Single Op Xtreme LP
QTH: US Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 13.32

  160:   31
   80:   66
   40:   97
   20:  109
   15:  319
   10:    9
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

My first CW test, and did it via remote. Used a laptop cross-connected via sound
card into the desktop at home, which was connected via echolink and skype to the
remote server. I am NOT a CW fan, I've done all my CW the lazy way, via
soundcard.
Spent 4 hours at the start of the contest just looking at the mess on CW
Skimmer. But I was connected via wi-fi at first and skimmer was picking up
EVERYTHING, that's when I figured out the to cross two cables from in/out on
the laptop to the desktop, which then allowed me to send audio cw via mixw to
the desktop and out to the server radio on vox, and clean up the input qrn a
little. But Skimmer was still picking up 6 lines of qrm from the same signal.
Mixw , however, was doing a fine job picking up the weak signals, it also took
skimmer two seconds to figure out callsigns, and by the time I typed it into
MixW and hit the macro,..the station was gone, or the pileup will call again. I
did start to pickup usual callsigns by ear, so I promise to start practicing the
real way, it would make the next contest a lot easier. This was a lot of work,
not to mention the few stations that looged into the remote and changed the
frequency or band, two of them actually turned off the remote, so I only did 13
hours worth, got plenty sleep and watched 5 movies over the weekend.

73 de NP2KW