[3830] CQWW CW W4ZW SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W4ZW SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 19:32:44 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 7:43

  160:
   80:
   40:  193     2       87
   20:   60    22       45
   15:   46    15       26
   10:   19     6        8
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

:  All antennas checked OK on Friday, then the power went out for 3000 homes
from 03:30 until 09:30 local. When power came on, hi SWR on the A4S so spent
the morning doing antenna maintenance, shopping trips with the kids home from
college, big function Sat evening, so I was lucky to get my 7:43 hours in!  I
marvel at how fast the point and shoot guys are!  The first couple of times I
found a new, un-spotted mult, I made the mistake of hitting the spot button
before completing the contact.  Wow!! Hardly before I could finish the contact,
guys with ear shaking sigs were dropping their calls!  After that, I waited
until I finished before spotting!  Always a thrill for me to work those ESP
signals on first call in the pile-ups.
This ocean outside adds big db's to my 40M yagi!   Submitted as 40m SB, but
worked the high bands to enhance the score for the club

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"