[3830] CQWW CW WN6K SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wn6k@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WN6K SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:15:40 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Vista,CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   21     9       12
   40:  100    25       43
   20:  241    31       67
   15:  138    23       53
   10:   19     8        9
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

"and now for something completely different...Monty Python"

In that I knew I had a busy week upcoming, I decided to not beat myself over
the body for this one.  So I turned on the packet and played Assisted to see
what would happen.

Aside from 'reading' the myriad of bad posted calls I actually had fun using
the two VFO panels on Writelog which worked well in that I could keep an eye on
the unused band while working with the active one.  When things got thin, I did
not have to wonder if it was worth the move to the other band as I could see
the activity building there.  With a second receiver radio (Mark V) this made
it a breeze.

I pretty much found that if I could hear it - i could work it this weekend.
There were a couple of times that I did have to be insistent but hung in there
enough to build a bit of a score.  Bands were fair I would say for me and THERE
is life on Africa in CW --- great to see that continent light up this contest
with the many locals and expeditioners.

I had a couple of down times forced on me...we had our first rains here in 161
straight days.  Accompanying the rainfall which made rain static was also hail
which was followed by thunder and lightning.  A bit of everything for our usual
docile weather out here in the Southwest.

80 was so so for me here... don't know as I can ever get something going on
that band (and 160 is well even worse.)

Till the next one....

WN6K, Paul