[3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 03:05:30 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): NQ4I,W4SVO,W1MD,W4IX,W4PA,K1XX,VE7ZO,W8ZF,K0EJ,K4TD,KY4F,WA1S,K4ST
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 48.0

  160:  274    19       74
   80:  603    29      113
   40: 2047    38      149
   20: 2417    38      161
   15: 1001    35      128
   10:  182    13       30
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Another great CQWW CW..one of my favorites...first things first...Firsts for the
NQ4I station 1. first time for more than 6000 qso's total. 2. First time for 20m
with 2400+ qso's. 3. First time for 20m with 161 countries. 4. First time for
40m 2000+ qso's. 5. First time for total score 14.05 Mil claimed score.

The long and short story all in one.

160m W4SVO, Orion and Alpha 77, 3x 3/8 verticals for transmit and 4x880 ft
phased staggered beverages. Friday night was better than Sat, and Sun evening
the band picked back up some. 30+ JA's in the log.

80m...W1MD and W4IX. Run station Orion and Henry 3KA amp. 3x3 array to NE/SW
and dipole at 150 ft. Mult station FT1000D and Henry 3KD Premier and 4 square.
Sat about midnight the 4 sq switchbox in the woods caught fire and caused some
excitement in the shack. A field mouse had made a nest of dry leaves and while
transmitting the leaves caught on fire...scorched a relay and scored a couple
traces. Lucky a spare was on hand and was placed in service on Sunday.

40m...W4PA and K1XX. Run station Orion and Alpha 77 amp. 3 over 3 stack for Run
station. Mult station Orion and Henry 3KA amp. Antenna is 4 el KLM at 95 ft.
This pair of op's generated the BEST ever score on 40m for a new station high.
Scott and Charlie worked very well together and really cleaned the band for
every qso possible. Scot came out of retirement for this one and had a great
time with the NQ4I team.

20m...VE7ZO,W8ZF, and K0EJ. Another station best qsos total 2400+, and 161
countries! Excellent job guys!Run station Orion, Henry 3KA amp and antennas 8
over 5 over 5. Mult station Orion and Henry 3K Classic X, and 4 el yagi at 85
ft. It is amazing that we were able to crack so many pileups on the Mult
station with the single 4 el yagi! Sat night was a lot better than Friday
night. A lot of bell ringing for mults on Sunday!

15m....K4TD and KY4F...the proverbial Bobsey Twins here...joined at the hip all
weekend long! Run station Orion and Alpha 77 and 8 over 8 over 8 stack. Mult
station FT1000MP and Acom 1000 (only 850 watts!) and 6 ele yagi at 110 ft. A
couple of mults were a little difficult to get so the boys did "Role Reversal"
and popped the mults. The band appeared to start fairly long and then after a
couple hours went short favoring the NE US. Good openings to JA, but JA
activity seems to be down compared to previous years.

10m...WA1S operated and spent many many long and lonely hours cq'ing into a
dead band...conditions favored the NE US to the Caribbean...we could not hear
any of the stations spotted there...a surprise was CR3E on Sat...but no EU at
all! And we listened hoping to work a KH6, and never heard one.

Kiyoshi, K4ST helped us out on 80m on Sunday evening and he and his lovely wife
joined us for Mexican food after the contest!

What is wrong with the Getscores.Org site?? It takes forever to log on and then
it times out after a few minutes...we had some kind of software or hardware
glitch with Win-Test and MicroKeyer...working with MicroHamUSA to get to the
bottom of this one...This weekend was a blast for all the NQ4I crew...thanks to
all who traveled and left their families during the Thanksgiving weekend to make
it happen at NQ4I.

Work commitments for 2010 will preclude participation in ARRL SSB and CW
contests...VE7ZO may do single band 20m CW....our next big ones should be the
WPX SSB in March and WPX CW in May... a new 200 ft Rohn 55 tower will start in
January and will support a new 80 antenna...more to come...73 and Happy
Holidays to all our friends out there in radio land! And the best for 2010!

de Rick NQ4I

The log will be uploaded to LOTW