[3830] CQWW CW OL0W(OK1DSZ) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OL0W(OK1DSZ) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 03:51:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OL0W
Operator(s): OK1DSZ
Station: OL7R

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Stribro
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:
   80:
   40: 2751    40      135
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2751    40      135  Total Score = 901,425

Club:

Comments:

Great contest from OL7R site. We decided for three SOSB efforts once it was
clear we do not have enough operators for planned M/2 or even M/M entry. Thanks
to OK1WMV(OL9R) and OK3MAD, who silently accepted huge QRM I produced on 15
resp. 20 meters, which for sure limited their efforts on these bands.

Is it not allowed to use a DX cluster to solicit the QSO in unassisted
category. Just kidding, but it seems it should be allowed to use it AFTER the
actual QSO was made, just to get the other guy's callsign. There are some
people, usually from very rare locations, who probably think whole world is
just watching the cluster screen and clicking on the callsigns. A record holder
in this category is one who's callsing looked to be 59937 as it was the only
thing which he was sending (and the callsign of other side of course). Worked
him in 1 or 2 calls to get the new zone and then spent more than 10 minutes to
get his callsign...

The conditions seemed good, even stations from zone 31 and 32 were audible
during almost whole daylight. The JA window on Sunday was not as productive as
the day before, but on the other hand what you can expect if you have already
2500 q's in the log.

Equipment was FT1000MP + PA and 4el KLM yagi @ cca 21m + quarterwave vertical

Thanks to everybody who found the way into my log and cu in CQ160 in January.

Zdenek
OK1DSZ