[3830] CQWW CW K1RX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1RX M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 04:42:13 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): N9NC, KF1V, K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   85    15       42
   80:  630    25       90
   40: 1100    31      121
   20: 1487    33      118
   15:  818    29      112
   10:   26    10       17
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A real fun weekend with a small crew - thanks guys for what could have been a
"less fun(?)" time as a single op to a nice M/2 effort.

Encountered a few problems along the way.

1. 20 M amp died and required re-configuring the station several times over the
weekend. (May be traceable to the past lightning incident back in the spring)
2. The 20 M antenna switching setup was not working (will do a post contest
look but think we used all 3 antennas all weekend, all the time, so no real
horsepower in a single direction)! Ouch!
3. After the last reconfig of the station, 40 M sig was generating too much
noise on 20 (fortunately that kicked in at the end of the contest) but may be
traceable to the antenna switching problem (see #2).

N9NC joined us for a part time effort that seemed to be like the whole time but
do recall seeing him only at the start of the day and sat on 20 M all day.
Thanks!

KF1V met his goal of staying up the entire 48 hours!  Congrats! Now, do you
feel good?  Did a great job working all the bands (as usual).

My continued thanks to all that called in from around the world!  What a fun
contest for all of us!

73, Mark, K1RX