[3830] CQWW CW PJ2T M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ghoward@kent.edu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ2T M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 05:56:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): K8ND, W8WTS, W0NB, W0CG, N4RR, KU8E, NP2L, WI9WI
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Netherlands Antilles
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  423    16       56
   80: 1113    27      100
   40: 2116    34      126
   20: 2268    33      117
   15: 2237    29      110
   10:  227    15       28
------------------------------

Club: Caribbean Contesting Consortium

Comments:

Conditions in this part of the world weren't remotely as good as for the SSB
contest last month. The 10 meter opening Saturday was brief and thready. Sunday
was better, but we were only able to work the States and a few Caribbean and
South American neighbors. Murphy also arrived in the form of power line noise
that has been completely absent for the past year and a half. We lost hundreds
of QSOs, particularly to the States on 20, because of the S8 line noise. Time
to get the gloves and sticks and try to do some self-maintenance. (In this part
of the world it's hopeless to get the utility companies to assist.)

We had reasonably quiet low band conditions, but it was tough gettng through to
mults, as we called and called several European and African mults on 80 and 160
who weren't hearing us, even when they were solid S7 here. Must have been
terribly noisy on that end this weekend.

Many thanks to our crew who gave up Thanksgiving with their families in order
to spend a weekend sweating in a 96 degree shack and eating bachelor-cooked
food. Special thanks to Mal, NP2L, and Jim, W0NB, who managed to produce a full
up turkey dinner on Thursday with little prior experience or training.

Congrats to all our friends in Zone 33 who posted superb scores!!

Thanks for the Qs and as always a HUGE thanks to all the members of CCC who
keep PJ2T on the air. This is nine years now that this callsign has been active
in every single one of the six major contests annually.

     73,

          - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX