[3830] CQWW CW K0EU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0EU SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:09:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   25    10       10
   80:  120    23       56
   40:  716    31      104
   20:  733    32       99
   15:  141    25       64
   10:   35     9       13
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Some good runs on 20 meters, especially the second day.  Still haven't figured
out how to find all those mults that are out there for the taking based on the
totals that K0RF pulled in.  Had some neat stuff call me as I CQ'd to the north
during midday on 20M including EV1Z and 4L0A.  So that means I probably missed
some good stuff on 20 meters during local night time while I paid full
attention to 160/80/40.

The new antenna changes on the higher bands made it easy to break through most
pileups within 2-3 calls.  Gave up on two pileups: Heard VU2JOS on 40M LP and
also ZS4TX on 80M.

Nice to snag A25NW and ZS4TX in the last 5 minutes of the contest on 40M for
two double mults!

Need to work on something better for 80M as there are still some big guns in
the Ukraine that CQ in my face.

Before the contest, I wrote down a set of goals.  The totals were (I'm not
lying!) 1770 Q's, 126 zones, and 340 countries!  I need to go buy a lottery
ticket or something!

Station:
2xFT1000D's + HF2500 + 2xAlpha76PA's
160M 1/4 wave sloper
80M K3LR 4 sq array off the 120 ft tower
40M 3el F12 Magnum at 120 ft
20M 6el F12 Magnum at 120 ft on same boom as 40M
15M 6el KLM Big Stick at 60 ft
10M 6el KLM Big Stick at 70 ft
3x KT36XA's at 90/60/30
2 el Cushcraft 40M at 97 feet