[3830] CQWW CW KV8Q SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kv8q@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KV8Q SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:25:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KV8Q
Operator(s): KV8Q
Station: KV8Q

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:   29     7       10
   80:   90    14       43
   40:  166    23       71
   20:  365    26       86
   15:   91    19       49
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Delaware Amateur Radio Association

Comments:

After having to not operate this event last year, it was fun to get back into
one of my favorite contests.  I'm always amazed at what 100 watts with very
basic antennas can actually accomplish in this event.  In the past, I've not
been able to operate on 160 meters due to lack of any half-way decent antenna.
K6MM's helical vertical for 160 which he described a recent QST,  took care of
that problem.  Easy to build, cheap, and worth 29 Q's and 17 mults.  What a
deal at twice the price!!!
I've always had issues with folks copying my call as K4ZQ and many other
combinations.  This year, I setup a function key to send my call slowly with
lots of space between the letters.  That seemed to help.  When folks called me
K4ZQ or KV0Q, I hit that function key and that took care of the issue quickly.
I always hate to see folks get dinged for copying my callsign incorrectly.
I never felt loud this weekend so I spent all but one hour S&P.  Had a decent
run for me in the high end of 20 Sunday morning into Europe.  It was nice to
hear 15 open up both mornings for a change with the sunspot number of a
whopping 19.  It was nice to pick up a few new countries and bump into old
friends.  See you all again next year.
Rig = TenTec Jupiter @ 100 watts
Antenna farmJ G5RV @ 45' & 27' helical 160 vertical
Software = N1MM