[3830] CQWW CW OH4A(OH6KZP) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@tut.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH4A(OH6KZP) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:30:01 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH4A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Kisko
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:  352    14       63
   80: 1115    30      105
   40:  918    39      128
   20: 1027    35      118
   15:  258    32      100
   10:   38     6       21
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Great fun again, CQWW CW really is the king of them all.

Used the N1MM logger in CW SO2R for the first time. The software worked well
except for some occasional time lags in CW transmission. The operator, on the
other hand, had difficulties getting his fingers onto the right keys at
times.... Apologies to those affected by my fumbling!

Similarly to the SSB leg I decided to attack the Finnish SOAB(A) record.
Propagation was a mixed bag, with some good and bad thrown in depending on time
and band. Things looked alright until Sunday afternoon when all DX slowed down
considerably, and I was about to throw in the towel with regards to reaching
the goal. Fortunately a later opening to W on 20m helped out, but it remains to
be seen if the margin is sufficient.

I managed to stay awake pretty well. The autumn has been crazy due to being
very busy both at work and with studies. A colleague remarked to me on Friday
during lunch that I looked tired; I should have retorted that he needs to see
me on Monday at 2am when the contest finishes... :)

What really frustrated me were the endless EU zoos especially on 80 and 40
after some DX was announced on the cluster. People just calling and calling
without listening to what the DX is saying. Seriously, what has gone into us?
I've made a few mistakes when calling in pileups at times too, but listening to
this stuff is just over the top. We have to do better than this.

Thanks to Lasse OH3FT for loaning me the second rig and to Jukka OH6LI and
Merja for letting me use their summer cottage and the station. Fortunately I
managed to look busy enough on Saturday so that Merja and the kids didn't drag
me into the fun of raking autumn leaves! Finally, thanks to all for the QSOs.

73
Kim OH6KZP