[3830] CQWW CW N5AW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N5AW SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:42:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   30    12       20
   80:  113    23       64
   40:  394    32      108
   20:  492    33      115
   15:  232    30       93
   10:   52    10       21
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Another great contest. Almost exactly the same number of QSOs as last year (2
less after removing the zero point USA contacts) but 34 more multipliers thanks
entirely to 15 and 10 meters. Thanks to FO8RZ who QSYed to 10 meters for a
multiplier during the last few minutes to put my raw score over 2 meg - first
time since 2003.

Conditions on the low bands seemed just slightly below last year. Fifteen was
better but still not good enough to run Europe or JA with my low power. Was
pleasantly suprised to work XV2MDY on 15 when made one last check of the band
Saturday evening - my only zone 26 QSO. Did not work (or hear) zone 22 or 23 on
any band - still have never worked all 40 zones in CQWW.

Managed a few decent European runs on 20 but very little to JA. 40 was just the
opposite with my attempts to run Europe producing about five zero point USA
contacts for every DX station worked.

Random thoughts:
With all my antennas it is amazing at how many contacts I make with my little
Th3jr at 40 feet fixed SE. Seem go into a "black hole" around 9 PM local time
when I can hear Europe on 40 and 80 but they can't hear me - very frustrating.
Later can work the same stations fairly easily though they are no stronger
here.