[3830] CQWW CW WW2DX SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lee@ww2dx.xom
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WW2DX SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:31:55 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WW2DX
Operator(s): WW2DX
Station: WW2DX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   51    12       25
   80:  153    16       60
   40:  905    31      116
   20: 1000    33      112
   15:  216    20       83
   10:   17     8       13
------------------------------

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

First time contesting from the home QTH.

Got the new tower and antennas up and things seem to be performing very well. I
knew going into the test the 80m sloper was not going to cut it and sure enough
I was right. The 4sq is on the top of the list for the spring. 160 just didn't
seem all that great and a last minute 500' wire pulled out into the swamp for a
beverage was mediocre at best. I think if I get better ears there things will
greatly improve. 40/20 were just awesome here all weekend and there was just
endless EU around the clock. I thought condx into AS were poor and did not have
a JA run. Some good DX called me in the early hours on 40m, 7Q7 and a few others
that my brain had a hard time decoding when my body expected to be sleeping.

All the equipment worked and nothing failed so I am thankful for that ;)
Running a pair of K3's was just awesome, they really are a joy to operate in
CW.
I also got a MK2R up and running last minute and that seems to be real nice as
well. N1MM is just amazing! The more I use it the more I love it. They really
did a nice job in that software.

I really should be writing this up later in the week after my brain has
recovered because I know I am missing a lot.

I think this contesting thing is pretty cool and I am looking forward to many
more.

73 and GL DX.
Lee
WW2DX.com