[3830] CQWW CW OH2BH(OH1WZ) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ilkka.korpela@helsinki.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH2BH(OH1WZ) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:58:43 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH1WZ
Station: OH2BH

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 37.25

  160:
   80:
   40: 2885    40      139
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2885    40      139  Total Score = 958,000

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Hi

Martti had set up a new 48-m tower with a 4-el to make company
to the 2/2-el in the 42-m tower. New rorator systems installed too
and early Sat morning found out that the 4-el was pointing to FY5
and would not turn. 5 hours later, after a lot of hastle (in the darkness),
the tower was in armstrong mode with rotator being uninstalled... Fought my
thoughts of giving up and operated 37 hours instead of the planned
40-42 hours.

Never before (1984-) have I worked 40 zones in a SB contest. Last ones
were 7 and 23, and they both called me on Sunday. First nite did a
lot of SP to help the mult, which was almost at the expected 140. My
lists had a total of 163 potential country-multipliers. Missed GJ2A,
GU, YS, YN, A3, KP4 etc.

Despite difficulties and being 5 h QRT, this score is the better than
the previous OH-record and EU-top score of 2008. The condx must have been
better this year. The time I was on the air I really tried hard in making
lots of Qs. 3% dupes. I wonder why.

Thanks to Martti for my 10th OH2BH CQ WW CW operation since 2000.

73 ilkka OH1WZ (@sral.fi)