[3830] CQWW CW LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:13:53 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1PM, LZ1ZD, LZ1ANA, LZ1UQ,LZ2CJ, LZ2UZ, LZ2PO, LZ2UU, LZ2FV,
LZ2TU, LZ2WO, LZ2GL, LZ3UM, LZ3FM, LZ4UU
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160: 1174    22       83
   80: 2081    37      127
   40: 3104    40      127
   20: 1573    38      141
   15:  863    38      121
   10:  191     9       40
------------------------------

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

Congratulations to DR1A and DF0HQ teams for a nice race. Special congratulations
go to LX7I team who did outstanding job with relatively simple set up. /it pays
off to be an interesting multiplier :-) / With some additional hardware LX7I
team will become a serious player in M/M's battle in Europe in next years to
come.

Propagation, once again after CQWW SSB in October favoured Western Europe teams
especially on 20m. 20m closed too early here and while DR1A kept working W1/W2
stns after 18.00 Z we were able to catch just a few W6/W7s with very weak sigs.
6 over 6 over 6 stack did not helped much :-( in such a poor condx.
40m was as in 2008 our best band thanks to our "secret" weapon Iliya LZ4UU
operating most of the time on 40m. HB9CV and new 4 el OWA helped him and
LZ2FV/LZ2WO to make this good score. Having a new RX antenna for 160m and 80m
has helped me, LZ2UZ ,LZ1PM and LZ1ZD a lot, too. Fifteen meters band was quite
poor, especially on Sunday afternoon ( K1LZ who usually is booming here was just
579 and KC1XX / W3LPL / K3LR were all around 569 ! )
We made, I guess less than 20 QSOs on 10m on Sunday.

In our humble opinion it's time for a group of stns in Europe to go back using
a "normal" output power. Power difference is quite "visible" when multipliers
are called trying to break a EU "Zoo" after a DX stn has been spotted. Thanks
to all DX who went split trying to solve the problem with never ending
callers.( especially on 160m ! )

I am just dreaming for old times when there was no cluster and we had to find
the mults ourselves :-) by simply tunning on the band !

Thanks to LZ2GL - George for technical support and for finishing his "magic
boxes" ( doing interlocking, antennas rotation and all else needed ) on time
for the contest.

There were a few technical problems, which were solved in a fastest manner by
LZ2GL and LZ3FM.

More improvements will be made in next months and we'll see you all again in
WPX SSB 2010.

THANKS to ALL who called us ! Please do not send paper QSL cards via the bureau
! Better way is to send an e mail QSL request to LZ1PM - Ivan at lz1pm@yahoo.com
  All direct QSLs with sufficient postage enclosed will be answered by LZ1PM
direct, too. For more info check qrz.com

73 de Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M Contest Team