[3830] CQWW CW W7RF SOSB(A)/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dan@radiodan.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7RF SOSB(A)/80 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:50:37 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7RF
Operator(s): W7RF
Station: W7RF

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:
   80:  164    26       75
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

It was my 2nd CQWW CW (both 80M single band) from Colorado after my move here in
2007. It's humbling being up against so many fine stations and operators! Some
of you can understand how it goes .... During any day of the week, your station
seems pretty good and strong, you work everything you hear and bust your share
of pileups. Then comes CQWW and your station ...all of a sudden... doesn't bust
as many pileups and indeed, you get creamed often! I put up what I thought was
some pretty big antennas and was completely ready for this contest with a
superb radio and freshly reworked amplifier. Now I see that I need even more
antenna!
Just installed a 64 foot tubing vertical with 32 radials 90 feet long. My big
loop (from last year) worked extremely well. That is 1050 feet of wire in a
square loop up 64 feet. For receiving I added a K9AY receiving loop system. All
antennas are homebrew and installed in the clear.
Radio is a TT Omni 6 and Ameritron AL-1500 amp. Looks like I need FOUR of those
verticals! Thats my project for next year.