[3830] CQWW CW GM7V(GM3WOJ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW GM7V(GM3WOJ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:54:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GM7V
Operator(s): GM3WOJ
Station: GM3WOJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Invergordon
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:  407    11       50
   80:  978    19       61
   40:  609    16       68
   20: 1224    32      102
   15:  462    25       84
   10:   27     4       19
------------------------------

Club: North of Scotland CG

Comments:

An old-fashioned SO1R effort which I really enjoyed - more fun than WW SSB
despite conditions not being so good. I am still rebuilding the station here -
no decent 40m antenna yet so never going to be competitive, so decided to just
enjoy working pile-ups, hoping that mults would call and do some good old
tuning around and finding mults. 100% unassisted is the best kind of SOAB.

Highlights : being called by KH7B on 15m long path at 1030z when beaming to
Africa. Being called by ZL1T on 20m long path at 2031z when beaming to Africa.
New 160m 'T' antenna seemed to work quite well.

Low points : not working enough 3-point QSOs - reasonable QSO total but
mediocre total score reflects the low average Pts/QSO. Not hearing ZF2AM who
was calling me on 10m - overall 10m was a big disappointment. New bidirectional
amplified Beverage did not work very well when the going got tough.

Thanks for the QSOs - please QSL via Linda M0CMK - all GM7V QSOs will be on
LoTW shortly.

73  Chris  GM3WOJ/ZL1CT