[3830] CQWW CW K1TO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1TO SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:32:34 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:   61    14       37
   80:   63    15       44
   40:  842    29      105
   20:  655    35      115
   15:  301    25       87
   10:   68    11       26
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Power line noise, so forced to use the leaky Noise Blanker all weekend.  No 80M
ant (used the 160 ant on Sat night).  SO1R.  Just barely half the QSOs and
score from last year.  By far my most frustrating CQWWCW ever and this is my
favorite contest of them all.

Nonetheless, the fun and exhilaration could not be suppressed!  Lots of neat
contacts.  Nice to see a glimmer of life on 10M, working 4 ZLs and an FO.
Worked a bunch of Z17 and one Z18 on 20M at their sunrise Sunday.  Never worked
a JA on 160 in WW CW before this year (neat to work JA on 80 as well, using the
160 antenna).

The few runs that were possible were way up high in the bands, including 14.140
for a while, since that was the only way to get away from the hash leaking
through the Noise Blanker.

Thanks to all who persisted as I sent repeated ? while trying to piece together
a callsign through the noise.  Usually the F1 key suffers the most, but this
weekend it was F7.

73, Dan