[3830] CQWW CW OV3X(@OZ8AE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oz8ae@qrz.dk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OV3X(@OZ8AE) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 04:28:15 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OV3X
Operator(s): OZ5DL OZ8AE
Station: OZ8AE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Skamlebaek Radio
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  434    17       59
   80:  625    19       75
   40:  459    32       96
   20:  458    29       72
   15:  123    17       38
   10:    2     1        2
------------------------------

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

As the transmitting site from LYNGBY RADIO/OXZ stopped all HF transmissions on
1st october 2009 I asked the manager if it was possible to use the remaining
antennas during CQ WW.
What was left when the contest began was:
Marconi Conipole vertical 24 meter tower covering 1,6-30 MHz.
Various big Rhombic antennas in different directions.
A log periodical horizontal wire antenna - made by Andrew Antennas covering
5-30 MHz. It was covering NA and part of the Pacific Ocean.

The station was an IC-775DSP and they had an Ameritron ALS-600 PA with only 500
watts.

I invited OZ5DL Ole to join me and then we went into multi/single.
With the antennas we had we could hear almost everything, but we had problems
reaching them.

It was only possible to use one set up so we had a computer for DX spots and
finding multipliers.

It was NOT a good idea. It took too long time to jump from QSO to QSO and make
it. The best thing was to call CQ.
Ole is a top notch operator and he can sit down and handle a pile-up on a very
profesional way.

LYNGBY RADIO/OXZ still has ONE transmitter left on the transmitting site. This
transmitter is a 1 KW and is transmitting on 2182 and 1704 KHz.
We had problems on 160 meter when they had their half our broadcast
transmissions.

The Marconi Conipole was very good and did a fantastic job on 160 and 80
meter.

It was hard to use 40 meter band but we ended up picking up multipliers on
sunday so it was the band with most multipliers.

15 and 20 meters was not worked on the proper times and we really need the
multipliers we could get there.

Anyway we had a very good weekend at this site and when writing this they are
taking down the whole station. If they only could have the Marconi Conipole as
a sign of old days and one could get permission to hook up when contesting?

I have never ever worked so many DX stations on low band before.

when Ole arrived on friday aftenoon he switched on the set up and worked TX3A.

What a weekend. We do hope all of You had another fine contest weekend, despite
the poor propagations.

CQ WW CW is still the best contest for us.

   73 Ole OZ5DL and Joergen OZ8AE