[3830] CQWW CW 7J1AAI(W1NN) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 7J1AAI(W1NN) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:45:54 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 7J1AAI
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: JH1GTV

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Koganei City, Tokyo
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:
   80:
   40: 1607    35      100
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1607    35      100  Total Score = 573,075

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to Shige, JH1GTV for the use of his fine station again.

The above Q total includes 39 dupes and 39 zero-point contacts with other JA
stations.

The Q total this year is down 150 Qâ??s from last year, although mults are up a
bit.  Condx to the US this year were much better than I have ever heard them
before and in particular I worked more mid-west (eights and nines) stations
than I can remember ever working including quite a few of my Ohio neighbors.
Total NA QSOs this year were 661 vs. 627 last year.

I was ahead of last yearâ??s Q total as of 1100Z on day two, but then I started
falling behind and only worked 300 stations in the last 12 hours of the contest
compared with 540 last year.  Somehow the rates to EU on day two just didnâ??t
materialize.  And it certainly didnâ??t help that I took a 3 hour nap during
this time.  Total EU Qâ??s this year were 667 compared with 812 last year.
Thatâ??s a big drop and accounts for the entire drop in the score this year.

Itâ??s been interesting to compare the 40 meter scores from the US, EU and
Japan.  Japan is clearly a better place than the US to operate this contest,
but it is nothing like operating from EU, where there seem to be plenty of
stations to work 24 hours a day.  I would love to try operating this contest on
40 M from EU someday.

Thanks for all the contacts and thanks to CQ Magazine for sponsoring this great
event.

73, Hal 7J1AAI (W1NN)