[3830] ARRL 160 VE3RZ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tony.osman@xplornet.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE3RZ M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 05:01:02 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE3RZ
Operator(s): VE3RZ
Station: VE3RZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 21

Total:  QSOs = 1221  Sections = 77  Countries = 38  Total Score = 308,430

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Rig: K2/100
Amp: HF1250 750w
Ant: Inverted L 52ft vertical
s/w: N1MM

160m sounded like 20m...  Good conditions Friday night but Saturday seemed
flatter. Must get receive antenna as I could hear a number of stations in the
noise but couldn't get them out.

One funny occurrence on Saturday evening about 5pm local, had been running for
about 2 hours on 1830 and then as darkness fell, found myself having to defend
the freq.  Somehow, the rig changed freq to 1802 and the freq fight I thought I
was having was actually on top of WW3DE - sorry OM!!  not sure what happened,
but must have clicked something that changed it...

Thanks for all the QSOs

73

Tony, ve3rz