[3830] CQWW CW 9L5A M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc7vmike@q.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 9L5A M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 09:42:36 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9L5A
Operator(s): AA7A, G3RWF, G4BWP, N7CW, ZL2IFB
Station: 9L5A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Sierra Leone
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   78    12       47
   80:  984    25       86
   40: 2068    35      102
   20: 3179    39      132
   15: 2802    35      128
   10:  231    15       38
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First time operation in the M/2 category for the VooDoo Contest Group.
Political instability and trouble in Conakry (where our gear is stored from the
2008 CW contest) meant we could not retrieve our gear and get it to Freetown.
We had to replan the contest at the last minute due to the political changes in
the region.

Everything was brought in by the operators and a few supports were found
locally in Freetown.  We used a Spider Beam and Maxon antennas which performed
very well instead of our usual yagis.