[3830] ARRL 160 W0ETT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0ETT Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 10:13:42 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 6:13

Total:  QSOs = 396  Sections = 68  Countries = 5  Total Score = 58,911

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Enjoyed getting on late in the test Sat. evening;  got some good runs by being a
new station on the band.  As I was running, had PJ2T with a huge signal give me
a call...that's a first!  Later, I called VP5CM in the dx window and had CM and
KH6ZM come back to me.  Man, I needed both mults so it was tough to go after
only one (I think it was CM's freq. so did the QSO with him).  Later, caught up
with KH6ZM who had a vy good signal from Hawaii.  Also, while running, I had
AL9A give me a call for a new mult.  Not all bad for being the "new" station on
the band.  HC8GR was louder in this test than during the CW WW CW DX test when
we wkd on 160m then.  Other neat dx countries:  KV4FZ, ZF2AH, NL7Z, and KH6LC.
Thanks guys for putting on the rare ones!

FB to work a number of GMCCers:  KV0Q (Bill - oh, so loud!), K6XT, AC0DS, WT9Q
(about as loud as I've ever heard Bob in Estes Park, CO), and K0COM.  Wkd other
CO stations:  Geo at K0RF (huge signal!), NC0B, W0ZP, W7RF, W0EPC, NT5E (loud
and about 15 miles east of Parker!).  LP in Colorado is getting pretty dang
tough with Art K6XT and Craig AC0DS on the bands.

Missed a variety of mults that  I usually hear on the bands:  WY, SDG, WTX,
VE5, NT, NL, NNY, WPA, NFL, SFL, PR.  Will try to log them next time!  Heard
WC7S in WY working others on Sunday morning but couldn't find him on a
frequency calling CQ.

73 Ken, W0ETT
Parker, CO