[3830] ARRL 160 K4XD M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, work@tourstar.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K4XD M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:33:32 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K4XD
Operator(s): K4XD
Station: K4XD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 431  Sections = 70  Countries = 11  Total Score = 72,495

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Multi-op = me plus cluster.

Best score yet although only spent 7 hours, first time over 400 Q's.  Ran quite
a bit, and also tapped into a couple of Skimmers for the spots.  Had a burst of
over 200 Q/hour and many over 100/hour, lots of traffic.  Spent some time in
this and some in the TARA RTTY Melee.  As you can see not a lot of DX, but you
know the band is doing well when you QSO EU stations with one call and no
repeats of the exchange, not quite like 20M but darn good.   West Coast Q's
seemed to disappear pretty quickly after sunrise, I could hear them but they
couldn't hear me. Not always the case around here, sometimes it hangs in for 30
to 60 minutes.  Would have had one more section but someone insisted "QSO B4"
even though I sent "NIL."  Oh well, it's just a hobby, right?!  Missing
sections were NNY, PR, VI, AK, WTX, SF, SJV, NL, MB and NT.  Wonder how many
people managed a Sweep?  I know there is no official "Sweep" here but still fun
to try.

Thanks to all for the Q's and CU in the next one.

73,
Rowland K4XD