[3830] ARRL 160 N7NM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thenewt@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N7NM Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 15:48:57 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N7NM
Operator(s): N7NM
Station: N7NM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 519  Sections = 75  Countries = 7  Total Score = 86,838

Club:

Comments:

My 2 goals - complete WAS started in my 1st 160m attempts last year (needed 5)
and reach 300 Q's. Used the same low meandering dipole which worked very well
in NA but very little DX heard - somehow managed 7 - no EU heard!
Found 4 of the 5 states early on but was getting worried that I wouldn't find
DE - finally early Sun morning found AA1K but strangely, Writelog showed him
as
a Dupe?? I went ahead and worked him (thanks!!) only to find after the contest
that I had worked him early on but logged him as NE!! Lost a lot of time
searching needlessly. Missed NLI, PR and 3 VE sections for the sweep.
Looking forward to the SP contest - am going to try putting up some sort of
inverted L and a receive ant. for that one.
Also, apologies to those I left in a lurch because my keyer kept locking up
calling for a complete reboot - an ongoing problem of RF in the shack!
73, Doug - N7NM

1000mp w/pair of 250hz Inrads (thankfully!)
Dipole w/apex at 25ft
400w from backup amp. - My Titan blew up in SS