[3830] ARRL 160 NR6O(@N6RO) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NR6O(@N6RO) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:32:59 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NR6O
Operator(s): N6ML, N6RO, N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): 32

Total:  QSOs = 1089  Sections = 78  Countries = 18  Total Score = 223,200

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I wasn't up for the single op marathon, so took the opportunity to introduce the
joys of 160m contesting to two newer members of the Radio Oakley team.  We
operated in shifts, with me on the afternoons and late nights.  Iain N6ML and
Chris N6WM have been hamming/contesting for only a couple of years, and are
rapidly developing their CW skills.  I'm fortunate to have two young fellers,
who live within five minutes of my station, to help with operating, antenna
maintenance, and station/computer repair & improvements.

Conditions to the east coast were nominal both nights, but not great for DX. We
were spotted in EU and Asia, but only logged 3 EU and five non-JA Asians.  No
VK/ZL/AF, only 29 JA (mostly after sunrise Sunday morning.

Countries: 6Y, CT, FM, HC, HC8, HI, HL, JA, JT, P4, PJ2, SM, UA, UA9, VP5, XE,
ZF.

Sections: Missed NLI and NWT.

Station:  K3, Alpha 76, Wire 4 Square suspended from ropes on 135' tower. Two
reversible beverages, plus one to JA terminated.  Diversity RX was invaluable,
and the OMNI position on the DX-ENG. combiner was very useful. We may try to
set up a second station/loop antenna for the CQ WW 160 test.  CU in the SP!
N6RO