[3830] ARRL 160 N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:51:58 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

Total:  QSOs = 191  Sections = 47  Countries = 2  Total Score = 18,142

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I really enjoyed this contest.  It's the first
chance I've had this year to really dig into a
contest and put in some hours, although nothing
like the full time allowed.  I did manage 22 hours,
though, which is a high for this year I think.

18142 is my best score since 2007 but down 13%
from that.
Up 32% over last year.
My highest 160m sections count ever at 47.
Up 30% over last year.

Third year in a row with no AK heard or worked.
I know they were there, but I never heard them.

Friday night was good, with about 4500+ points when
I quit to get some sleep.  Early Sat morning I
got the score up to 12000+, and raised it further
to 17000+ Sat night.  Sun morning was really thin,
with only 7 new calls entered.  Fortunately, two
were HC8GR and XE2S as 5-pointers.  By 6 AM I was
so disgusted with the thinness of the activity I
went back to bed.  Probably could have squeezed out
a few more Qs, but I just didn't feel like missing
any more sleep.

Thanks to all for the Qs.  See you in the Stew Perry.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude