[3830] ARRL 160 W0GG M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8fc@k8fc.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0GG M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:19:29 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0GG
Operator(s): W0GG K8FC K7TD
Station: W0GG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 1309  Sections = 79  Countries = 22  Total Score = 274,114

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

It is amazing how the prop on this band is so different for comparatively
small geographic footprints.  We heard only a few Europeans on
Friday evening when it appears stations as little as 300 miles south of us
were
hearing Europeans much better.  We had no JA opening on Saturday morning, zero

Europeans on Saturday night and actually, I think that only one or two were
spotted.
I could be wrong but I believe that the point is apropos as far as total
activity in our geographic location.   Also, Sunday morning local we had only 4
JA's in the log and one UA9.  What was very sad was we were not hearing.  The
classic alligator
affect.  Not only did we not hear the DX but it seemed to me that most signals
to our south and east were down a notch or two.  We had 860 qsoâ??s in the log
at the half-time break after the first night.  Given the activity that we were
hearing from the various pileups on the Europeans the first night we had high
hopes for a second night opening and also JA runs in the morning.  Alas, none
of this came to fruition.  We missed NWT as our only ARRL/RAC section.  All in
all we are happy with the results.  FT1000MP three beverage antennas and a
60â?? foot shunt fed Rohn 25G with a two element 40 yagi on top.