[3830] W1TR ARRL 160 Meter Contest SOHP Unassisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W1TR ARRL 160 Meter Contest SOHP Unassisted
From: "Terry G. Glagowski / W1TR" <W1TR@SBCglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 19:43:15 -0500
W1TR ARRL 160 Meter Contest SOHP Unassisted
Location: Section CT
Grid: FN31VW
Band    QSOs    Pts  Mults
   1.8    1162    2585  113
Total    1162    2585  113
Score: 292,105

Total Time On 23:33  (1413 mins)
Guess I should have stayed up all night FRI in addition to SAT!

I worked 77 of 80 ARRL sections (missed AK, NWT, and pesky SK).
Someday I'll get the clean sweep on this contest!
I also worked 52 DX stations and 36 DX multipliers.
I was running BIG power and there were a lot of EU / SA that I couldn't hear...
I really need to install a beverage or K9AY to receive better and augment my
160m full size ground plane (raised radials).
I enjoyed crashing thru and breaking pile-ups to XE, KH6, EU, and SA with that
antenna.

CONDX were excellent, I was afraid the snow storm would bring bad QRN but it
didn't!  :)
This was a little better than my 2007 effort were I worked ALL states including.
AK and NWT but I didn't make WAS this time! ;-(
Terry / W1TR

Terry G. Glagowski
HAM: W1TR / USAF MARS: AFA1DI
25 Hnath Road, Ashford, CT 06278