[3830] ARRL 10 NS3T SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NS3T SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:15:55 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   CW:  107    25
  SSB:   68    14
-------------------
Total:  175    39  Total Score = 21,996

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I look at this contest as good training for the January VHF Contest, because I
certainly worked almost every DC, MD & VA station that was on the air.  I'm
sure I missed a fair number of mini-openings because I was doing something with
the kids here and there during the weekend, but whatever.

I was glad I turned the rig on from 11pm-1am local time on Saturday night,
because the band was wide open from DC to IA, SD and MN.  Unlike last year,
when I worked dozens of Florida stations, this time I didn't even put five in
the log.  And Texas was almost invisible as well, just three stations that came
up in the noise for a few minutes and then vanished.

It almost seemed like there was an RF curtain for me going South.  I couldn't
raise K1TO and some other Floridians, and I couldn't get the attention of any
South Americans other than one PY.  I felt bad for HI3TEJ when he gave me #25
on Sunday morning.

But as always, it was a fun contest.  As someone else said, just think - in a
few years, you might do these numbers in one hour.  Hopefully.

73 Jamie NS3T
http://www.radio-sport.net
Your home for ham radio contest news