[3830] ARRL 10 KN5O SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KN5O SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:40:49 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KN5O
Operator(s): KN5O
Station: KN5O

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   CW:  257    47
  SSB:  342    45
-------------------
Total:  599    92  Total Score = 157,504

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Well, I didn't plan to operate this year because I had a lot of things going on
this weekend and didn't want the XYL to get angry for being "on the radio the
entire weekend!"  So I squeezed in what I could.. In summary, if it wasn't for
a late Sunday afternoon opening, I probably would have had only about 300 Q's.

Echoing similar comments I've read so far, conditions to my area were defintely
worse than last year (pathetic) and the score reflects it (operated last year at
my QTH with call W5RU M/S HP - see OCT 2009 QST Cover). Missed NH, DC, DE, NV,
OR and all Canadian Provinces except ON and BC.  Also missed KH6 and KL7.

DX worked was 6Y, HI, KP4, X, CE, CX, HC, HC8, LU, PY and a VP8 who called me
off the back of the beam.

Well, here's hoping for better conditions next year.. At least the WHO DATS (NO
Saint's) won!  Now 13-0!!!

Rig:
FT-1000MP
ALPHA 99
Hy-Gain 5 ele mono 88ft (180 to 360 deg)
Mosley PRO67C3 70ft (0 to 180 deg)