[3830] ARRL 10 K9YC M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K9YC M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:15:28 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   CW:  234    29
  SSB:  192    19
-------------------
Total:  426    48  Total Score = 63,360

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions still nowhere near as good as 2006, but a huge improvement over the
last two years. As a long time Cub fan, I know the words -- "wait til next
year!"

Everyone on both coasts was busily running N/S paths, but I made a half dozen
double-hop E-skip Qs to the east coast (NY, FL, GA, AL), and could have made a
lot more if more east coasters had been turning their beams west. Signals
weren't big, but they were there, and the path was there several hours in some
cases.

Another positive result of this year's contest was activity from new operators
-- lots of KI6 and KI7 calls on SSB. These folks need to be encouraged and
recruited to our local contest clubs!

73,

Jim K9YC