[3830] ARRL 10 K4EA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, neal@k4ea.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K4EA SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 05:06:16 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4EA
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   CW:  680    65
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  680    65  Total Score = 176,800

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

With the line noise at s5 on Friday, I decided to go it CW only.  I have always
been either SO Mixed or Multi-op so this was a first for me.

Judging by all the comments, I wasn't the only one thinking that the conditions
$@*%ed. But, I'm always amazed at how many contact can be made on a dead band!
No DX until late on Saturday with a few weak LU's and PY's.  On Sunday, ZS1EL
called me too for my only Africa and ZM4G for my only Pacific (not counting the
handful of KH6's worked late on Sunday).  I found only a few Carib stations as I
spent most of my time with the antenna NE or W.  The black hole was from the
northwest as I missed ID, MT, OR, WA (where were you, Danny?), BC, and of
course AK.

Congrats to Richard, K5NA, for a great score.  I still haven't figured out how
to overcome the Texas geographical advantage in a contest dominated by scatter
and Es propagation, but it keeps me from getting complacent.

Neal Sulmeyer, K4EA